9.3.10

Sun Moon Lake

The weather today in Taiwan is just like the winter time.
We got rain and the temperature is quite low.
However, the principle decided to take few teachers to visit a famous elementary school by the sun moon lake called - De Hua.
It is because the school is so close to the lake which is one of the best national scenic spot in Taiwan so the school got so much fund from the goverment.
You can just see the picture below, it is not taken in a museum but a corner of this school.

Our school is lucky to pass an competition of "the work of traditional classroom" from the government.
We will get some fund to do similar design as the De Hua elementary school.
The wooden art piece in the upper picture is a "4 hands net" which is learned from Han Chinese many years before.
But the Tsou (邵族) is the only tribe who catches the fish for living in Taiwan.
Let me think what is the speciality of Bunun!

After visiting the school, our principle took us to have a snack by the lake!
Although the temperature is low, I still saw so many Chinese tourists here!
They are quite energitic!
I guess it is much colder in China now.
In the end of the picture is the stand of cable car.
I am really expecting to take that one!
Wish I will get chance to take it in a sunny day.
I heard many people said the view up there is really worth to take a look!

You can find that the sign around the lake started to list simple Chinese as well.
What a strong China now!I also found many interesting food or thing by the lake!
There is only one 7-11 in De-Hua She which is a village in the lower right corner of the lake.
They got a window outside is for EXPRESS CAFFEE!
I thought it is quite relax to get a coffee, but it seems that Taiwanese still want to drink coffee in a hurry... a little bit sad. XD
This is not the normal Mochi!
The owner boil the water and leave the mochi in!
There is some stuffing inside the Mochi, such like sesame, peanut, or Azuki bean.
You can choose to stick the sesame and peanut again out of the Mochi.
I have to say it is really delicious!
This shop is just cross the street of the only 7-11 here!
There is another new food for me.
It is the "Assam Tofu in Sandwich style".
They just cook the Tofu in the Assam tea first.
When you order it, and the owner will cut the Tofu almost in to two piece.
Then, he will put the some pickle cabbage, mushroom, and fried onion inside the Tofu.
For protecting the Tsou, the goverment release the certificate to inform which stand is operated by the aboriginal citizens.
I think it is a good idea, and I found out I really have positive image of the shop or stand when I saw this sign
What a great afternoon!
Hope I will get lots of this kind of chance in the future ah!

2 comments:

Matthias said...

I was raining when I was at 日月潭, too - pretty much the same weather you had. Regarding the sign: I think the "Chinese translation" is better than the English one;)

Andreas said...

You are right!
Ha~ I even didn't notice the weird translation of the English one XD

Follow it~